intro

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
tebar

intro

Post by tebar » 11 Feb 2019, 07:27

Hi All,

I'am Ed, i live in France. Thx to let me in.
I just had got a Bushnell Equinox Z 6x50 and i found this forum while browsing searching for modified firmware. I dont even know if it exists and if its possible, i gonna search the forum. Since its a 100% video device, i was wondering if some geeks has ever changed the default zoom (wider angle) or has already added a reticle. duknow. I am all new to night vision.

See you, Ed.

some bloke
NON EMMET

Re: intro

Post by some bloke » 11 Feb 2019, 09:34

Hi Ed, welcome to the forum.

As you have discovered to your cost, 5 or 6 mag spotters are not ideally suited for our hunter duty: To scan a landscape for something alive then check it out more closely with a rifle equipped night vision shooting device prior to assessing the quarry and suitability of taking a shot. While the packaging and vendor of your item suggests its practical, in reality that high magnification is better deployed for hobbyist wildlife observation.

There are 3x zoom lenses but I don't know if they will have the same threads. Someone who knows for sure will likely be along soon to help with that.

Before I bark any further up a wrong tree (I make pistol grip spotters that can have a crosshair installed) am I right to assume you seek a crosshair because you might be wanting to fit that spotter to a rifle?

tebar

Post by tebar » 11 Feb 2019, 12:57

Yeah, you 're right some block. But i just try to repel the cats of the neighbourhood that keep pooing in my court.
So i mount this 6 mag device on an airsoft toy and as you said so well, it is not very convenient for this. so.
I was then wondering if anybody has alreday altered its firmware in order to make it more confortable for this usage ?
at least i gonna educate myself on the forum :geek:

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 11 Feb 2019, 13:22

OK, I'm fairly sure there is no retical software - nor joystick to set it up.

If you are good with ardinio? board electrickery there is an overlay device available that you may be able to tack into it but the name escapes me. If you look far enough back in the DIY section you might find it - or someone might find it for you.

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 11 Feb 2019, 13:37

This might be useable in that device but please don't shoot the messenger if it doesnt serve your needs:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-7V-Li-ion- ... 3338506581

tebar

Post by tebar » 13 Feb 2019, 18:53

thx some block. it looks pretty much what i wanted for my equinox. it even allows you to move the crosshair.
i gonna investigate this thing, coz i never touched any ardinio before, and my todo list get only bigger everyday :mrgreen:

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 14 Feb 2019, 00:26

tebar wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 18:53
thx some block. it looks pretty much what i wanted for my equinox. it even allows you to move the crosshair.
i gonna investigate this thing, coz i never touched any ardinio before, and my todo list get only bigger everyday :mrgreen:
I don't think you need ardinio ability for the one in the link.

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 14 Feb 2019, 08:01

tebar wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 18:53
You don't need arduino.
The input to the circuit in Daves link is the analogue video signal (cvbs) coming from the sensor (camera).
The circuit generates a reticle pattern which is then added to the video signal.
The output of the circuit is still an analogue video signal (cvbs) which you can connect to whatever video display device is being used.
The circuit allows you to select from a variety of reticle styles and allows the adjustment of the position of the reticle on the display device

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR