Night vision hard work

This is for members to sell, buy or swap goods.
Stephenhathway

Night vision hard work

Post by Stephenhathway » 27 Mar 2019, 14:49

I never thought getting back into NV could be so hard. I’ve been offered a PVS14 by Ronin I’d of thought came with a Abrams MBT for the price.
And when you ask sellers for tube data , it’s nice doesn’t really cut it lol.
Looks like giving up before a start . Come back Flex

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Re: Night vision hard work

Post by phoenix » 27 Mar 2019, 14:59

There's a simple solution - forget about tubed NV - it's a feckin minefield :crazy:
Go digital
Digital rear add-ons - PARD NV007 or Ward WDV800
Digital scope - day and night - PARD NV008
Digital scope - night only - Yukon Photon or ENV10

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

Stephenhathway

Post by Stephenhathway » 27 Mar 2019, 15:11

Cheers Bruce ,
But that’s not what I’m after at all👍

thesmi

Post by thesmi » 28 Mar 2019, 17:02

I have an A grade archer if you were keen

Stephenhathway

Post by Stephenhathway » 28 Mar 2019, 17:06

Cheers buddy but after a filmless p43 14 👍

DGF1786

Post by DGF1786 » 28 Mar 2019, 21:37

What are you using it for?

Stephenhathway

Post by Stephenhathway » 28 Mar 2019, 22:20

Ex forces and hill walk at night , Also off road 4x4 and a nosey bugger I like to look about at night . Have local badgers and they fascinate me
Last edited by Stephenhathway on 28 Mar 2019, 22:22, edited 1 time in total.

Radagast
junior librarian

Post by Radagast » 04 Apr 2019, 00:15

Filmless means a US made, ITAR controlled unit. You will not find one that has legally left US control. Hence grey market brokers such as Ronin. Over many years Ronin has never been given a bad feedback on multiple forums, other than complaints from Americans angry that their laws don't apply in other countries. Documentation is unlikely though from a hobbyist sourcing from "it fell off the back of a truck Guv, honest!" suppliers.

Your best documented options are a PVS14C from Clive Ward - a Canadian housing with Russian Gen III tube or Photonis XD5 tube and pay the premium for aviation grade, or contact Act In Black who manufacture in Luxembourg and supply German Gen III tubes from Harder Digital and again request aviation grade. If you have recently won the lottery then Photonis Intens is better than filmless.

Simply put, high end NV is a luxury good outside the USA and the prices charged by bespoke sellers will be very high.

Stephenhathway

Post by Stephenhathway » 04 Apr 2019, 09:01

Thanks for your views. As to Photonis , I had a xr5. Tube from them in my 7’s. Compared to filmed US Gen3 pinnacle , pinnacle every time . And it’s the opinion that Photonis isn’t actually Gen three, their Gen4 tube might be up there now .
Come back Flex who obtained excellent Gen3 at a fair price . Ronin pushes his stuff on to you , get him to offer you a price for your kit, after you stop laughing compare it to what he sells it for .

Radagast
junior librarian

Post by Radagast » 05 Apr 2019, 12:00

My apologies for assuming you were a newbie to the scene. As for Ronin's buy/sell, its like a used car lot. A buff and polish and some tire paint and that trade-in is miraculously worth twice as much. Probably been the same since Honest Julius' Used Chariots offered a little old lady's palanquin, only used to go to the Forum on Sundays. I hope you find what you are looking for.