VCSElaser diodes, 501b drop in pills and LasIR illuminators.

This is for members to sell, buy or swap goods.
some bloke
NON EMMET

Re: VCSElaser diodes, 501b drop in pills and LASIR illuminators.

Post by some bloke » 14 Dec 2019, 22:59

Available to order for Monday posting, the first Four of the some bloke lasIR illuminators, VCSEL diodes, VCSEL diodes mounted on 16mm aluminium boards and 17mm single mode 700MAH drivers with cables and springs attached. 501b pills etc.

The fifth lasIR illuminator will be on the way to Bruce as a thank you for the help he has given me yet again. I'll take this opportunity to state he's been instrumental in helping me with most of the complete items I have ever sold on here. :thumbup:

I imagine the Dynamic Duo will report on it for you guys. 8-)

I think these might be the first illuminators available that have lens caps.

They do not have a very wide FOV: from about 8 mag, or less when focused tighter and make an excellent compact pocket rocket rifle scope illuminator for about 400 yards at about 14 mag, over 350 yards at 16 mag - or significantly further at lower mags....depending what scope/CCD add on you are using - expect less range if you are using a HD rifle NV. The front lens adjuster wheel is actually an iris that works as a rotary dimmer.

They are supplied with dual purpose torch mounts that can be used as either a barrel mount or separated to fit to a top or side facing weaver rail. The saddle that the torch fits into is wide enough to allow a shim to be fitted to raise the aim of the torch into the area above the retical to extend its range further than if it's aimed straight ahead which can cause a NV camera to shutter out excessive foreground reflection from damp foliage etc that swamps the image.

The single mode tail cap switch torches have been unbagged in a drawer for several years - as you can see they are tidy but not in absolutely mint condition. If I make another batch the torches will be new and may cost a little more.

In order to keep this sales thread uncluttered please make any comments or ask questions about them on their development thread here: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=21429
Last edited by some bloke on 24 Mar 2020, 05:49, edited 1 time in total.

Kevgun

Re: VCSElaser diodes, 501b drop in pills and LasIR illuminators.

Post by Kevgun » 07 Jan 2020, 20:35

Hi Dave, I put my name down for a Vcsel on a 16mm board, are these available yet? If so when do you want paying?

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 08 Jan 2020, 13:30

Kevgun wrote:
07 Jan 2020, 20:35
Hi Dave, I put my name down for a Vcsel on a 16mm board, are these available yet? If so when do you want paying?
Hi kev, Yes but... :angel:

I've sent a couple of pills containing them up to Bruce for checking their output. I'm not 100% about if they are the 700mW one's I had ordered: when driving them at 700MAH I'm not overly impressed with them apart from drawing less power than an Oslon Black 4715AS.

I like to personally like what I sell and get better results using 3x mode with memory 1050 MAH drivers. :angel:

I don't want to be selling what are supposed to be 700mW one's that might not be what they claim to be. Hopefully Bruce will be able to tell me if that is the case.

Kevgun

Post by Kevgun » 08 Jan 2020, 14:07

No problem Dave, I'll await for Bruce's testing to complete.

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 22 Jan 2020, 14:15

I've been waiting for some slightly thicker alumium boards to turn up - sorted.

Bruce feels the diodes are in fact 700mW so that's cleared up OK.

I'm still waiting for more newer spec 3 mode drivers to turn up that are easier for me to convert to 3 mode terminal configuration.
Single mode drivers will be available as a special order - and at 700MAH only.

The diodes and 16mm board mounted diodes are now available. All solder tabs have been tinned.

If you click on the contact tab to the right of my message you can find my email addy - which is also my paypal account, we are freinds right? :angel:

Please notify me regarding your postal address on here via PM rather than enter it on the paypal notes.
Attachments
On 16mm Boards (3).JPG

some bloke
NON EMMET

Post by some bloke » 25 Jan 2020, 19:44

Drivers arrived and prepped ready to send out on Monday.

I have decided to withdraw completed LasIR illuminators from sale.
Attachments
Drivers (1).JPG