HELP please.

A place to introduce yourself, chat about anything and put forward suggestions.
Instructions on how to add your location and photographs.
BRYAN3

HELP please.

Post by BRYAN3 » 01 Feb 2015, 16:41

Hello Folks.
Would someone kindly help me with changing my screen colours.
I have green on black headers and white on black general type.

Its doing my bloody head in. :crazy: :thumbdown: :cry: :evil: :? :roll: :x :(

Many thanks Bryan.

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Re: HELP please.

Post by sunndog » 01 Feb 2015, 16:56

Sorry dude, that's just the way it is
Thermal hunting forum

https://thermalhuntingforum.com/

BRYAN3

Post by BRYAN3 » 01 Feb 2015, 17:08

Hi Sunndog.
Thanks for letting me know.
I will look for another nv forum.

Bryan.

punky

Post by punky » 03 Feb 2015, 11:21

BRYAN3 wrote:Hi Sunndog.

Bryan.
You won't find one better m8 I'm still here and I cannot even add an avitar or pics what about a filter or somthing over yer screen or dark glass driving ones or summit :thumbup: or your setting on yer computer
Two and half million made and three quarters of these still on the road,can you say the same about your 4x4
LANDROVER A BRAND LOVED WORLDWIDE
One life live it!!!!!!

jdk1

Post by jdk1 » 03 Feb 2015, 12:18

BRYAN3 wrote:Hi Sunndog.

Bryan.

That seems a tad drastic :shock:

Snapper

Post by Snapper » 03 Feb 2015, 12:31

Not drastic at all, in fact I'm planning on scooping my eyes out with a spoon so I don't have to look at it .

sunndog
ADMINISTRATOR

Post by sunndog » 03 Feb 2015, 12:40

Its words on a screen.....I just read em and not worry about it tbh
Thermal hunting forum

https://thermalhuntingforum.com/

phoenix
BRUCE ALMIGHTY

Post by phoenix » 03 Feb 2015, 13:52

While I have no intention of laving the forum, I do completely agree with the OP about the colour scheme since the last upgrade.
I know this is a night vision forum and we're all supposed to be good at seeing things in the dark, but speak to anyone who knows anything about colour and contrast and they'll tell you that the combination of background and text colours on this forum are absolutely dreadful.
The major issue is the black background - it seems to overpower virtually every other colour being used whether it's text or graphics.
I work in an industry (non destructive testing) where we regularly inspect components for fine surface breaking cracks using colour contrasting chemicals and I can tell you that the best contrast you can get between the colour of the surface being tested and the colour of the crack indications is black against a white background or red against a white background.
I understand that the old forum software was out dated and that we have to move on, but frankly, the colour scheme on the old forum was a million times better than what we have now.
I look at loads of other forums and the colour scheme here is by far the worst I've seen - and although the content is great, it can be really hard work at times trying to see what's being posted.
Mods - please have a word with Sir Hank and see what would be involved in a change of colours.

PS I'm going to try to preview this post before submitting it, but with the preview in blue text against a black background it's not going to be easy.

Cheers

Bruce
LAND ROVER - THE WORLD'S WORST 4X4 BY FAR

BRYAN3

Post by BRYAN3 » 03 Feb 2015, 18:25

Thanks Bruce.

Someone chuck me some Asperin fer me ead. :(

rodp
NON EMMET

Post by rodp » 03 Feb 2015, 20:13

phoenix wrote:While I have no intention of laving the forum, I do completely agree with the OP about the colour scheme since the last upgrade.
I know this is a night vision forum and we're all supposed to be good at seeing things in the dark, but speak to anyone who knows anything about colour and contrast and they'll tell you that the combination of background and text colours on this forum are absolutely dreadful.
The major issue is the black background - it seems to overpower virtually every other colour being used whether it's text or graphics.
I work in an industry (non destructive testing) where we regularly inspect components for fine surface breaking cracks using colour contrasting chemicals and I can tell you that the best contrast you can get between the colour of the surface being tested and the colour of the crack indications is black against a white background or red against a white background.
I understand that the old forum software was out dated and that we have to move on, but frankly, the colour scheme on the old forum was a million times better than what we have now.
I look at loads of other forums and the colour scheme here is by far the worst I've seen - and although the content is great, it can be really hard work at times trying to see what's being posted.
Mods - please have a word with Sir Hank and see what would be involved in a change of colours.

PS I'm going to try to preview this post before submitting it, but with the preview in blue text against a black background it's not going to be easy.

Cheers

Bruce

:thumbup: Sorry to say it folks but Bruce is smack on there :thumbup: I can't stay on too long now, gives me a headache :sick:
"Land Rover, the worlds best 4x4 by far"

"Argo, a great 8x8"