Pistol Grip Spotters. New specs and prices from October 2017

This is for members to sell, buy or swap goods.
some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Re: Pistol Grip Spotters. New specs and prices from October 2017

Post by some bloke » 12 Jan 2019, 19:25

DrRock wrote:
12 Jan 2019, 18:13
My T75 has a 940 nm pill in it so ill have to see if i can get that red pill for it. I use the T75 with Nite Site Viper which gives it massive extended range but flipping heavy :lol: My mate will light up the quarry after we have spotted it
OK Clive Ward does a red pill for it i think... Thats if its the same torch which i still dont know about TBH

http://www.nightvisionstore.co.uk/red-s ... 2x24960905

DrRock

Post by DrRock » 14 Jan 2019, 10:03

Thanks. the UniqueFire torch I have does have a red pill but sourcing it is difficult. I suspectvotvwill work with other pills as well.

Just to update you. The spotter arrived Saturday as you predicted :lol: Thanks. I'm still waiting for my batteries!
The UniqueFire torch heads are slightly longer where the screw threading is so they fit over the Rubber O rings on the Evo torch on the spotter but wont screw in. Thus you could test with one but it would likely fall off easily. Never mind I can
at least try my 75mm head but i have ordered a 50 mm head from Evo. I also have a 50 UF head as well and can use that for lamping too if i need a lighter rig. So it won't go to waste. Probably wont get to test the rig under field conditions now until next week but it looks and feels robust and good value for money considering the price of the NiteSite Spotter Extreme

DrRock

Post by DrRock » 06 Feb 2019, 14:39

Hi Dave
Just wanted to say that I am really pleased with the Pistol Grip Spotter. I have used it several times in different circumstances and it has performed brilliantly. It really does see out to good distances with clarity. I took it to Center Parcs on a family break and ventured out into the pitch black. Switched on the Illuminator and very close was a beautiful Doe. Not spooked by the light either. Also saw an Owl 100 yds a way in a tree and tracked it as it swooped off. Took it out rabitting and foxing and it was very good. Managed to see a fox and track it cutting down the use of the Red Lamp, but it escaped as I think it might have been shot at before!. Was great for monitoring and assessing the kills on rabbits too. Great piece of kit and robust, as we are trapping over acres of farm land on foot as well as shooting from the truck.

Also you should be called “great bloke” for sending me the Pistol Grip after the mix up with the other handle, no questions asked which may have been my fault so thanks!

Could you advise me on a good AV recorder to plug into the RCA output for in the field recording

Many thanks again

James

some bloke
TRADER MEMBER

Post by some bloke » 06 Feb 2019, 16:48

Aw, its always good to get feedback - and even better when its great, bless ya lilttle cotton socks. :thumbup:

It's so long since I bought a mini DVR that I'm shocked to find the one's with 2.5" screens and internal battery that most of us on here used to use seem to have disappeared from the market, they were priced from about £60 to well over £300.

There a few very compact one's about for FPV drone use, and a simple to connect plug and play one with its internal battery and the RCA cabling you'd need for that socket is here at less than £20:
https://www.banggood.com/Mini-FPV-DVR-M ... rehouse=CN

I don't know of anyone trying it. At such a modest cost would you fancy trying it out and maybe give us a review about how you get on with it for us?

DrRock

Post by DrRock » 06 Feb 2019, 22:05

You’re welcome Dave . Very happy with the spotter and it does the job very well at a great price.

Thanks for the tip on the DVR. At this price it’s worth a spin definitely. I’ve seen others using units up to £500 so if this does the job it’ll be amazing. I will get one and hopefully post some videos and definitely a review.